Tuesday, August 7, 2007


Road Runner
Road Runner runs across the lawn
Over patio, past the pool,
Safe from coyotes, but not cats,
Safe from the natural desert
Beyond the civilized frontier,
Safe from the freedom of the wild.
How our world has changed, my small friend.
We face it together, you, I.
For natural is what it is,
Not a dream of what it once was.

----------------------------
The Chain of Life
I see my father in my grandson’s face,
And my mother in my granddaughter’s eyes.
I see in them a mirror of myself.
I see unknown ancestors from the past
Who endured the worst to bring us the best.
I see cousins whom I never chanced to meet
Who perished in Europe’s immoral storm.
I see my descendants whom I will not greet
Who will carry on the great chain of life.

------------------------------
God Treads Lightly
God treads lightly,
And loves to laugh.
Details?
Who cares?
Don’t step on toes.
Live life happy.
That’s what He wants.

No comments: